Meet Maria Noël Groves
An Herbalist Nestled in New Hampshire’s Pine Forests
Maria Noel Groves, RH (AHG) is a clinical herbalist based in Allenstown, NH. She achieved certification through study with Michael Moore at the Southwest School of Botanical Medicine. She also completed Rosemary Gladstar's Science and Art of Herbology home study course, as well as Rosemary's advanced herbal program on site at Sage Mountain. Maria began her herbal studies with Nancy Phillips' Foundations Course at Heartsong Farm. Maria has nearly two decades of experience in herbs and is a registered professional member of the American Herbalists Guild. She opened her full-time practice in 2007. Before 2007, she worked under her maiden name, Maria Noel Mandile.
- Registered Herbalist & Professional Member, American Herbalists Guild, 2013 - Present
- Flower Essence Certification, Lichenwood Herbals, Christine Tolf, Barrington, NH, 2010
- Advanced Herbal Apprenticeship Program, Rosemary Gladstar & Guest Educators, East Barre, VT, 2005
- Southwest School of Botanical Medicine, Michael Moore, Bisbee, AZ, 2004
- Science & Art of Herbology Correspondence Course, Rosemary Gladstar, East Barre, VT, 2004
- Foundations in Herbal Healing, Nancy Phillips, Groveton, NH, 2003
- Studied medicinal plants & volunteered at an eco-park, Volunteer Peten, San Andres, Guatemala, 2002
1- to 5-hour courses taught at several locations including...
- Wintergreen Botanicals, Allenstown, NH
- Nashua Community College, Nashua, NH
- Hospitals: Concord (primary educator), Exeter & Parkland (Derry) (guest speaker)
- Greenwood Herbals Advanced Program, Limerick, ME
- Canterbury Shaker Village, Canterbury, NH
- Massabesic Audubon Center, Auburn, NH
- Concord Food Co-op, Concord, NH
- Libraries: Moultonborough, Center Harbor, JV Fletcher...
- Garden Clubs: Merrimack, Bow, Bedford, Capital Area Organic, Milford, Amherst, Tyngsboro, Weare, Manchester, Nashua, NE Herb Society Chapter, Rockingham Herb Society...
- Montessori Schools in Concord, Auburn & Bedford
- Northeast Organic Farming Association of NH, Winter & Herb Conferences
- D Acres, Dorchester, NH, Cultivating Wellness Conference
- Concord Community Education, Concord, NH
- Great Bay Discovery Center, Greenland, NH
- Nashua Senior Activity Center, Nashua, NH
- Heartsong Farm, Groveton, NH
- The Herbiary, Philadelphia
- Conferences: 2015 American Herbalists Guild, 2016 Traditions in Western Herbalism, several years of NH Herb & Garden Day and NOFA-NH Winter Conference
- Author of a forthcoming Body into Balance book about herbs and wellness with Storey Publishing, due out in March 2016
- Health Editor, Columnist & Contributor, Herb Quarterly magazine, 2008 - present
- Freelance Health Journalist, specializing in herb and natural health articles for Natural Health, Herbal Academy of New England, Tea Magazine, Herbs for Health, Herb Quarterly, Remedies, and Taste for Life magazines and The Associated Press, 2002-present
- TEAm Member & Contributor, Tea Magazine/thedailytea.com 2012 - 2014
- Blog & Herbal Web Content Contributor, Concord Co-op Buzz Blog & RemediesMagazine.com, 2012 - present
- Editor & Contributor of the Concord Food Co-op Natural Buzzz newsletter, 2008 - 2015
- Editor & Contributor of the NOFA-NH newsletter, 2010 - 2012
- Research Editor, Natural Health, covered “herb beat,” wrote & edited herb articles, 2000-2002
- Freelance Writer for local newspapers: Derry News, Portsmouth Herald, York Weekly 1999-2003
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, University of New Hampshire, Magna Cum Laude, 1999
- Intern, Sun Journal Sunday, 1998
Professional Credentials & Affiliations
- Registered Herbalist & Professional Member of the American Herbalists Guild
- Certified Clinical Herbalist, Southwest School of Botanical Medicine
- Certified Flower Essence Practitioner, Lichenwood Herbals
- Outgoing President & Co-Founder, New Hampshire Herbal Network Chapter of the American Herbalist Guild (NHHN-AHG) formerly the NOFA-NH New Hampshire Herbal Network (NOFA-NHHN)
- Co-founder, Member & Former Coordinator, Concord Co-op Wellness Educators
- Partner in Education of the United Plant Savers
- Member of the American Botanical Council
- Member of the New Hampshire Audubon
- Selected as one of the Union Leader's 40 Under Forty, 2016
As an Herbalist
Maria has been working with herbs for nearly 20 years and been formally educated by the country's top herbalists.
As a Journalist
Maria specializes in holistic health writing and editing. She is a former editor for Natural Health and a regular contributor for publications including Herb Quarterly, Remedies Magazine, and the Associated Press. Locally, she is worked as editor the NOFA-NH and the Concord Co-op newsletters. Her first book, Body into Balance: An Herbal Guide to Holistic Self Care, is due out with Storey Publishing in early 2016.
Wintergreen Botanicals, LLC
(Bear Brook SP)
By appointment only.
For Media & Organizations:
Please feel free to use the following and/or anything off this website to promote Maria and her practice or classes.
The Short Bio
Clinical Herbalist Maria Noel Groves, RH (AHG) runs Wintergreen Botanicals Herbal Clinic & Education Center, nestled in the pine forests of Bear Brook State Park. She is a registered professional herbalist with the American Herbalists Guild, certified by the Southwest School of Botanical Medicine, and has nearly two decades of experience with herbs and natural health. Her practice focuses on education and empowerment through classes, health consultations, and journalism. She is the author of Body into Balance: An Herbal Guide to Holistic Self Care.
For more information about Maria and herbs in general, visit www.WintergreenBotanicals.com
You may use any photo from this website, with credit, or pull from the Wintergreen Botanicals Facebook Page photos. All photos by Maria Noël Groves/Wintergreen Botanicals, LLC unless otherwise noted on the credits page (for this website) or in the description of the photo (on Facebook).